Friday 27 March 2015

Office 365 Outlook Sync Issues

Mentioned in one of my other posts, this problem was the first I encountered when migrating to Office 365.
Had a user with a shared mailbox that didn't replicate the changes from one machine to all the others. They all had to have Cache Mode enabled due to their poor internet connection. In this case it was company contacts.
The way I noticed was to right mouse click on the Contacts folder, select Properties and then Synchronize. This is a great way of telling you if the cached version (Offline) is the same as the server version (Server). Using this i could see discrepancies.
Cut a long story short, Microsoft advised me to download and run "Microsoft Office Configuration Analyzer Tool 1.2" or sometimes called "OffCat". I ran this to analyze the mailbox in question.
It flagged up errors because the total number of folders, at the moment, was too high. It said there were 525.
After I asked the user to tidy the mailbox, I ran it again and it found 362. Confirmed with Microsoft if this was OK and it was.
They haven't had any issues since.
I believe there is also a limit on the total number of items in a mailbox. I assume Microsoft will fix this issue in time.

No comments: